Spotify has many users around the world because of its easy-to-use interface and many other advanced features. Sometimes its users face issues like forgotten password and are not able to access the Spotify account. For Spotify password recovery there are some simple steps discussed below.
- Go to Spotify and click on the link I forgot my password.
- Type your Spotify username and click on Next.
- You will be redirected to Spotify password reset page.
- Select the Spotify password recovery method of answering security question.
- Answer the security question correctly. Click on Next.
- Create a new password and re-type to confirm. Create a strong password by combining an upper-case letter, a lower-case letter, numbers and special characters.
- Finish the process and your password is reset now.
Reset Spotify password using email address
If the above method is not working for you try to take the help of email address. Follow the steps below to reset your Spotify password using your email address:
- Go to Spotify password reset page.
- Enter your email address which is accessible to you. Click on Send.
- Now go to the email inbox and look for the email from Spotify. The email will have a subject “reset your password”. If you are not able to see an email from Spotify, look for it in your spam folder, or other filtered folder. For example: Gmail has Social and Promotions tabs also other than inbox folder.
- You will find a “Reset password” link in the email. Click on it.
- You will be transferred to a new page.
- Create a new password. Re-enter it to confirm. Create a strong password by combining letters, numbers and special characters.
- Click on Send.
- Now reopen your Spotify app using your new password.
If reset password link is not working, try to open Spotify password reset link in a different browser or in a private or incognito window.
Steps to change Spotify password in Android:
- Go to http://www.spotify.com/password-reset in a Web browser.
- Enter your Spotify username or email address in the required field.
- Click on Send.
- Go to your email and check for the mail from Spotify. You will find a link there.
- Click on the link provided.
- You will be redirected to a password recovery page.
- Enter your new password here. Re-type the new password. Create a strong password.
- Click on Set password
Try these steps, they are simple to follow and you will be able to create a new password in very short period of time.