Gmail is a popular mailing service and has a neat interface. It provides fastest delivery and receiving service. You can either use it on app or in a web browser. But there are cases when a user wants to remove a Gmail account and don’t want any further access to it. Here is a brief discussion on how to remove a Gmail account from Chrome.
Reasons why people want to remove their Gmail account
There may be several reasons for which a user wants to remove a Gmail account, some of the common causes are:
- The user has decided to sell his smartphone. So, in order to keep the details safe Gmail account has to be removed from the device. Nobody wants to leave the personal information in the other’s hands.
- You have to lend your phone to someone else for some time. So it is a good decision to remove your account from that device. Other apps should also be logged out to keep your privacy.
- If the OS or any application is not functioning properly for your Gmail account tied to your Smartphone, you will have to remove it and re-add it.
What will happen when you remove your Gmail account from your device
For some users it doesn’t matter much, if they remove their Gmail account from their device or not. iOS users will not face any issue as compared to the android users after removing a Gmail account. Gmail account is necessary for many applications for android users. For eg: Google Play store is tied up to your Gmail account.
After removing your Gmail account, you may also use some important data from your Smart devices which you will not get back again.
Steps to remove a Gmail account in Chrome
If you are using Chrome to access your Gmail account and want to remove it, follow the below steps:
- Go to your Chrome browser and open it.
- Now you need to sign out from your Gmail account first to remove it afterwards.
- From the top-right, click your profile initials, and sign out.
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/ and click Sign in with a different account.
- Now click on “Remove”.
- From here, choose the account which you want to remove.
- Now click “Done”.
How to archive Gmail data
If you want to archive your Gmail data before removing your Gmail account, try below steps:
- Go to settings and scroll. Tap accounts.
- Tap on Google.
- Now go to Personal Info & Privacy option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the account.
- Now tap on “Download your data”.
- Select the browser to proceed.
- Select all the options and tap “Next”.
- Give the Email address in which you want to receive the data which will be in form of a zip file.
The above steps will help you to securely remove your Gmail account from Chrome.