Unable to reach Windows activation servers is the error that mainly occurred when you were changing the motherboard on your device and trying to activate windows. There are some reasons behind this error, and these reasons are: unstable internet connection, activation servers are busy, and outdated versions of your system’s windows.
If you suffered from the error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers”, then no need to bother we are providing you some methods or techniques in this content to solve this error, you need to go through the steps given below until the error is resolved.
Methods to fix the issue “Unable to reach Windows activation servers”:
There are some possible methods given below to fix the above issue:
- Install the creator’s update:
This technique tells you that you made some hardware changes to your PC, and you are doing that changes after successfully activating Windows 10 that’s why you are facing the issue unable to reach windows activation.
To do it, you have to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open the Run dialogue box on your system by pressing the Windows + R key on your system’s keyboard.
- Then type “control update” in the address bar of the Run box and hit the Enter key to open the Windows update.
- After that, you need to click on the option named “Check for updates” that appeared under the Windows update section.
- In the end, you have to restart your system.
- Use generic product key for Windows version:
If the issue is not solved by doing method 1, then we are providing you this method to resolve the issue that you have faced on your system.
To do that, you have to go through the steps given below:
- At first, make sure that your internet connection is stable and then open the Run box on your system by pressing the Windows + R key.
- Now, type “slui” in the address bar of the Run box and then hit the Enter
- After that, Activation Windows opened on your system.
- Next, click on the option named “Change product key” that appeared at the middle bottom on the Activation Windows.
- Now, you have to enter the correct generic key for your windows edition, and the appropriate generic key for the different operating system are as follows:
Windows 10 Home Edition: YTMG3 – N6DKC – DKB77 – 7M9GH – 8HVX7
Windows 10 Home Edition Single Language: BT79Q – G7N6G – PGBYW – 4YWX6 – 6F4BT
Windows 10 Pro Edition: VK7JG – NPHTM – C97JM – 9MPGT – 3V66T
Windows 10 Home N Edition: 4CPRK – NM3K3 – X6XXQ – RXX86 – WXCHW
Windows 10 Pro N Edition: 2B87N – 8KFHP – DKV6R – Y2C8J – PKCKT
- Next, you have to hit the “Next” option displayed at the bottom of the right-side window.
- After that, close the activation window on your system and restart your system.
- After restarting, check that the issue “Unable to reach Windows activation servers” still appeared on your system or not. If this issue still persists on your system then you need to try the next solution given below.
- Use command prompt:
Users are allowed to change the generic product key of your system by using the command prompt on your system.
To perform this technique, you have to go with the steps given below:
- Firstly, press the Windows + R key to open the Run dialogue box on your system.
- Then you have to type “cmd” in the address bar of the Run box and hit the Enter key to open the Command prompt Window on your system.
- After that, you have to type “slmgr -ipk” command in the Command prompt administrator that followed by your product key. This command allows you to replace the generic product key with the user-specified key.
- Now, hit the Enter key to submit your command and then click on the “OK” button when a pop-up is raised.
- In the end, you have to close the Command prompt window from your system and then restart your system.
- Activate Windows using Chat support:
As everyone knows, Windows 10 provides a convenient chat option called “Chat support”, and through this option, you can activate your windows version.
To perform this technique, you have to go through the steps given below:
- First of all, you have to open the Run dialogue box on your system by pressing the Windows + R key.
- Now, type “slui 4” in the address bar of the Run box and hit the Enter key to open the “Installation ID” screen on your system.
- After that, you are advised to select your country or region and then click on the “Next” option that displays at the right-side bottom.
- Now, you are suggested to hit the “Start” key to open the start menu on your system. After that, type “Get help” in the search bar of the start menu and select the option named “Get help” app from the result list.
- Next, type “Test” in the text field that available at the bottom of the screen and then you have to choose the “NO”
- After that, click on the option named “Talk to a person” that appeared in the last prompt message.
- Next, you have to follow the path: Services & Apps > Windows > Setting up and then choose the option named “Chat online with a Microsoft Answer tech”.
- Now, you have to explain that what you want to your Windows license to reactivated after the Microsoft answer tech arrives.
- Then enter your Windows license key and installation ID and you have to copy it into the Contact Support Window.
- After that, you get the Confirmation ID from the Microsoft Answer tech and then enter that Confirmation ID into the Installation ID Window.
- In the end, click on the option named “Activate Windows” and wait for the activation process.
In this article, We have discussed the methods or techniques to fix the issue “Unable to reach Windows activation servers”. If you still can’t able to get out of this issue, then you can call us through our website number; our experts help you to fix the issue you are facing.
Read more:- Chrome Keeps Crashing Windows 10