Gmail is being used daily by millions of users worldwide. Like any other services, it is also not free from faults. Gmail error #007 is one of the most issue faced by users. Whenever Gmail server error occurs, the account gets freeze and the user is not able to open or even click anything in the account. You cannot send an email also during this error. Most of the time, Chrome users face the issue of Gmail error 007. Continue reading more about this error and some simple steps to solve it.
Some simple ways to Fix Gmail server error 007
- Try to login and logout back to Gmail. Logging out and then again logging is a quick fix but it solves the problem only temporarily.
- Restart your browser and try logging in to your account once again.
- Try to login using URL “mailgoogle.com”.
- Clear cookies and cache from your browser. this will take following simple steps:
- Go to the menu and then settings.
- Click the option of advanced settings from the menu.
- Go to cookies and click on cookies and site data from the window that opens.
- Click on remove all and then click “Done”.
- Now after removing all cookies, try logging in again in your Gmail account.
- Update your browser: if you are using old version of browser, you might get error #007. Update your browser and try to load Gmail again.
- Check for any virus. Scan your system with a good antivirus. If you don’t have any anti-virus check out an online anti-virus.
- Disable the browser extensions. Many times, a recently installed extension, creates a problem. So, disable any recently installed extension using following steps:
- Click on the three dots from top right corner of the browser.
- Go to the menu and click on more tools.
- Now click on extensions in the second menu.
- Tap on uncheck enabled option. Uncheck all if you want to test all extensions.
- Now after enabling each extension, check Gmail again.
- Disable Gmail Labs background send. In case if background send is enabled, Gmail error #007 occurs. Disable background send using:
- From your Gmail account, click on the gear icon from the right side of the screen.
- Click on settings from the menu.
- Click on Lab tab in the settings page.
- Look for background send and Disable it.
- Now check your Gmail account again.
- Try disabling email signature from your antivirus: antivirus such as McAfee, Avast, and AVG creates the issue of Gmail error #007. Disable email signature from antivirus to fix Gmail error #007.
- In the end, try other browsers. Since this error generally occurs in Chrome, try using other web browsers like Firefox, Safari etc. Try to login to your Gmail account in other browsers and see if the issue is solved or not.
You can try these fixes for Gmail error #007 and you will be able to resolve your issue in minutes.
Clear the Cache and Cookies from the browser
Clearing the cache and cookies from Google Chrome solves many issues. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the menu of Google Chrome. Click on settings.
- Go to show Advanced settings.
- From the privacy tab and click on Content settings.
- Go to Cookies and click on All cookies and site data.
- Press Remove all and click done.
Check for virus updates and update the browser
Virus can harm your computer in many ways and server error 007 is of that kind. Scan your computer by a good anti-virus. Go to your anti-virus and perform a full scan of your computer.
Second thing is up-date your browser to the latest version. Go to your browser settings and check for updates. After updating the browser, try to open Gmail again.