Bitdefender requires a restart after an update to complete the process. Bitdefender offers a variety of products like personal firewall, private settings, user control and backup capabilities to its users. Many times, the users come across issues like Bitdefender error on restart.
Methods to fix Bitdefender error on shutdown
The reason for Bitdefender error on restart is usually a corrupted dell file. There are many solutions for this problem, let us discuss them one by one.
Download and run the patch
As it is a common issue, Bitdefender has a patch to fix it. Follow the below procedure to download and run the patch:
- First of all, figure out the version of your operating system. Now you have to download and run the patch compatible to your Operating system architecture.
- After downloading the patch, run the patch for 32-bit or 64-bit as per your requirement.
- Check if you are still getting Bitdefender error on restart.
Fix the corrupted files
- Click on start button from bottom left corner.
- Select File Explorer.
- Type C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot-Search & Destroy 2 in the address bar.
- Look the file named SDAV.dll
- If you are not able to find the file then download it.
- After the download is finished, look for the downloaded file. Right click on it and select copy.
- Go to the Spybot-Search and Destroy 2 folder and repeat step 2 and 3.
- Right click and select paste in the Spybot- Search & Destroy 2 folder.
- If you find that the file is already present there, then check the size of that file. Right click on all dll and go to properties. If the size is not 32 KB then download the file.
- Now repeat steps 6 to 8. But this time, after clicking paste, select “replace the file in the destination”.
Uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender.
If the above method is not working for you, try uninstalling and then reinstallation of Bitdefender. Use the below steps:
- Go to the official site of Bitdefender and go to download section.
- Search here, for Bitdefender removal tool and Bitdefender anti-virus.
- Double check the Bitdefender tool. Select installed Bitdefender to remove.
- Now select remove completely and follow the instructions for removing Bitdefender.
- Double click on Bitdefender antivirus file which has been downloaded and follow the instructions on screen.
- Your latest Bitdefender is now installed.
- Open and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Reinstalling Spybot-Search and Destroy.
This is also a powerful fix for this error, see the steps below to reinstall Spybot-Search and destroy:
- Go to Program then Program & Features from Control panel.
- Look for “Spybot search & destroy”.
- Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
- Now download new copy of “Spybot-Search & destroy”.
- Install the fresh copy on your windows OS.
If you are not able to solve the problem from above two methods, then call Bitdefender support number to get help from certified professionals.