Spotify is the most popular subscription music streaming service in the world. Spotify was founded in 2006 and it has millions of songs, albums and podcasts. Spotify was an original streaming service that provides music as a service. People have not offline libraries of all their music they just stream them on all their devices via Spotify. Spotify has two plans paid and free. The free plan has other restrictions like only being able to skip 6 songs in one hour and no seeking capability. In the case of paid plan, Spotify provides all the feature without any limitation.
How to delete Spotify Account
Spotify is very useful but many other streaming services have cropped up in the few past years like Apple Music service and YouTube Music service etc and other less popular ones like Deezer and Savon. If you are a Spotify user and you want to delete Spotify account then you can follow these steps.
Cancel your premium Subscription
If you have any Spotify Premium Subscription first of all, you will have to cancel it. If you will not do this before you close your account then your credit card may get charged even after your account has been closed.
On your desktop to cancel your Premium Subscription
If you do not have any Premium plan then you can follow these steps.
- First, open your browser and type Spotify.com. when Spotify.com site will open then you will check. if you are not signed in your Spotify Account then you click on Login option at the top right corner on the page.
- At this, you will enter your username and password and sign in your Spotify account.
- Click on the profile at the top right side of the corner of this page then click on the Account option.
- When the Account setting page will open then scroll down the Spotify Premium section.
- Premium plan details will open and the amount which you pay per month, along with a Manage plan options click on it.
- Then you will see a button change or cancel blow the plan details. Click on the button.
- In the change plan section, you will click on the cancel button. Then choose the yes option and click on it.
To delete Spotify Account
If you just unsubscribe but you are using continue Spotify free plan then you can use your playlist, they will be in your listening history. If you are going to delete your Spotify Account permanently then you cannot access those playlists both offline or online.
You can follow these steps to delete Spotify account given below.
- Open your browser and type Spotify.com when Spotify homepage will open then sign in.
- Go to the menu and click on the help option.
- Type close account or delete the Spotify account in search bar.
- Find the close account option and select it from drop- down menu.
- Click on close your account here link.
- When a contact page will open.
- After this, you will select “I want to permanently close my Spotify Account.
- Then Close Account option select.
If you will use Facebook account to login to Spotify, go to the email registered with the Facebook account. You have got an email from Spotify asking you to final confirm on account closure. Open your email and click on the close my account option. Then your Spotify account will delete permanently. By the use these steps, you can delete the Spotify account.