You can connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi in some easy steps. Now a days, TVs are Wi-Fi enabled i.e. they have a built-in wireless adapter. If you are also looking for how to connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi then follow the steps below:
Steps for wireless option
- Click on the menu button on your TV remote.
- Select the “Network settings” option.
- Select “set up a wireless connection”.
- Choose a wireless name for the Wi-Fi connection.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password from your remote’s button.
There are many benefits of a wireless connection over wired connection, some of them are:
- There are no trailing wires here and there. Your home looks clean.
- You can place your TV anywhere in the living room as per your requirement.
- It could be set up easily using few buttons of your TV remote.
Steps to connect directly into the router
You can directly plug into the internet router using an ethernet cable. But your TV must be close to your router.
Steps to connect directly connect your TV to Wi-Fi:
- Look for the ethernet port at the back of your TV.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your router to the port on your TV.
- TAP the menu button on your TV’s remote and go to Network settings.
- Choose the option to enable wired internet.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password with the help of TV remote.
Advantages of wired connection over wireless connection
- It is simple to set up. You just need to plug in.
- It provides the most reliable connection with buffer free streaming.
- Provides much faster connection as compared to Wi-Fi.
Samsung TV not connecting to Wi-Fi
There may be various reasons for the issue Samsung TV not connecting to Wi-Fi. Some of them are discussed below:
- The firmware of your television is not updated to the latest version. Update it the latest firmware to configure all the settings properly based on the region.
- Some general bugs corrupt the network settings.
- The address connecting the device to the Wi-Fi is blocked either by the user or ISP.
- When DNS settings on the TV are not configured properly, Samsung TV not connecting to Wi-Fi problem occurs.
How to fix Samsung TV not connecting to Wi-Fi
- Restart the TV. Turn on the TV and let it run for at-least 5 minutes. Plug off the cable directly instead of turning it off with the remote. Wait for minimum 20 minutes and restart the TV. Now, enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Restart your internet. Simply turn off the power to the internet router and wait for at-least 10 minutes. Turn back the power on and wait till the router load the internet settings. Now, connect the TV to the Wi-Fi.
- Change the internet Connection. Turn on the TV and go to Wi-Fi settings. Take your mobile and turn on hotspot. Connect to it. If you can connect the mobile successfully, then it is possible that your TV’s Mac address is blocked by the internet router. Contact your ISP to unblock the Mac address of TV.
- Update the firmware to the latest version.
- Refresh the DNS settings. Many times, they cause conflict with the internet router.
Follow the above steps to solve the issues related to Samsung TV.