Do you know it is possible to change your username on other social site but the Spotify does not allow them to change your username when you have already created account? Spotify lets you use your email address at the sign-up stage. When you will sign up your email address then Spotify automatic generate a username in the form of number and latter but the user does not like it. Spotify does not allow to manually edit your current username. If you choose to sign up your Facebook Account then Spotify will show your Facebook name.
Sign-up for Spotify with Facebook
How to sign up for a new Spotify account through the Facebook here. these are the steps you can follow.
- First, you will go to the Spotify site and click on sign up link.
- At this, sign up with Facebook option select.
- Then Facebook login details type and log in option select.
How to connect the Spotify to Facebook
If you have Spotify Account and you want to connect to Facebook Account and show your Facebook profile picture and Facebook name. you can follow these steps given below.
- First, Spotify App open and go to setting.
- Under the social header go to the Facebook section and connect to Facebook option select.
- Then you put all details and log in your Account.
By the use of Facebook account, you can change your Spotify username.
Using the Desktop App
If you are using Spotify in your Desktop then you can follow these steps to connected Spotify to your Facebook account on your Desktop.
- You can find this icon on your desktop in start menu option. Open Spotify desktop app on your computer.
- Go to top right corner on desktop screen and click on” v” button. When your profile menu will open.
- Then go to setting menu option and click on it.
- Scroll down and find fakebook under social.
- Choose connect to Facebook button and click on it.
- Enter your Facebook details like username or password and log in your account. This will link your Spotify account to your Facebook.
Your Spotify show your Facebook name instead of the profile name you select during sign up.
If your username is not changed then you will try log out your account and log in back with the log in with Facebook option.
By the use these step you can change your Spotify username by the use of Facebook account.
Changing your Display name
When you cannot change your Spotify username but you can make a custom name that replace the username which it displays your app, profile, playlist and friend activity.
Using the mobile App
- This icon you can find it on your home screen. Open your Spotify App on your mobile.
- You will tap on library menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the white gear icon on the top right.
- Click on social on the setting menu.
- Then click on the connect to Facebook option.
- When your prompt sign in to your Facebook account on a new page.
- After this you will tap allow or continue.
- Sign in your Facebook Account for type all account details.
Then you will check your Spotify account link from fakebook account and change your Spotify username.